Deputy Chief Executive - Finance, Planning & Assurance
|Category:||Finance and Accounting|
|Attachments:|| JD-DCE_FPA.pdf (PDF, 270KB)
|Application Close Date:||12-Jul-2022|
About the Job
- Strategic role reporting to the Chief Executive
- Opportunity to lead a ‘whole of organisation' view
- Bring your contemporary systems thinking
We've got a strong sense of purpose at Ara Poutama Aotearoa Department of Corrections. Does it align with yours? Kotahi anō te Kaupapa: Ko te oranga o te iwi. There is only one purpose to our work: the wellness and wellbeing of our people.
Our organisational strategy Hōkai Rangi was launched in August 2019, focussing on six key areas for change. It is bold, transformative and seeks to achieve greater intergenerational wellbeing outcomes for those in our system. This executive position has a focus on providing enterprise-wide planning, oversight and monitoring to ensure Ara Poutama Aotearoa is successful in achieving its goals.
As a current executive leader, you'll be motivated by the opportunity to be part of a transformation that will benefit all New Zealanders. We're at a critical stage in the delivery of Hōkai Rangi where the focus on our people and their capability will be central to our plans.
Ara Poutama Aotearoa is a large, 24/7 business, managing complex information both for Corrections and the wider Justice Sector so your commercial acumen will be key to navigating this political landscape. You'll feel at home leading the following functions:
- Finance, Legal, Audit, Integrity, Assurance & Risk;
- Organisational Performance & Reporting;
- Strategic Planning & Governance;
- New Zealand Parole Board;
- and be confident in your ability to manage the Treasury relationship.
Our values underpin all that we do at Corrections. Rangatira, Manaaki, Wairua, Kaitiaki and Whānau are more than just words to us – we seek to recognise and reward activities that demonstrate alignment to these values and expect our leaders to promote this effort.
We are looking for someone with the following skill set to ensure they can make the most of this significant leadership opportunity:
- Strategic leadership
- Success in managing high performing teams
- Highly developed financial stewardship
- Finely tuned system thinking skills enabling system integration of risk, assurance and performance measurement
- Knowledge of or interest in, the Justice sector and its trends and issues
- Exceptional relationship management skills
- The ability to effectively incorporate Te Ao Māori perspectives
In return you'll join a team building momentum to create lasting change. Our Executive have a strong sense of purpose as a group and believe in the collective effort required to achieve a transformation of this scale. They have passion and excitement for the work they do and enjoy the human centred way we work in this people orientated organisation.
Tono ināianei | Apply Now
Confidential enquiries relating to this position can be directed in the first instance to Nicola Marsden on 027 235 6185 or email on Nicola.Marsden@corrections.govt.nz.
To be eligible for this role you must have the right to work in New Zealand, the ability to obtain a Top Secret security clearance through NZSIS and have either a tertiary qualification (CA or ACA desirable) or have significant related senior management experience.
To apply, please submit a tailored CV and a cover letter describing your motivation for this role highlighting relevant skills and experience. Alignment to our kaupapa is critical to our success - we ask that you provide examples which reflect and demonstrate our organisation values.